Craig S. Marshall is a partner in Stark & Knoll’s Business Services Group. For over 26 years, Craig has represented many Northeast Ohio businesses with formation, growth and acquisition strategies, mergers and acquisitions and day-to-day business and legal counsel to management and owners.
"At the core of all business lies the people who make it all happen. Whether it is a business dispute, a new business venture, or a sale/purchase of a business, getting to know and understand the persons involved guides me to solutions that work.” – Craig S. Marshall
Born, raised and educated in Akron, Ohio, Craig is uniquely familiar with the business, political and social settings in Akron and Northeast Ohio. Devoting valuable time to a number of area nonprofit boards, coaching youth sports, participating in service organizations and giving back to his community in various other ways is the cornerstone of Craig's continuing commitment to being more than just a lawyer. For Craig, "the practice of law is the practice of people." Through Craig's devotion to his family, community and legal profession, he is able to provide his clients with the highest level of trusted advice and counsel.
- Akron Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The University of Akron School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1986
- The University of Akron Graduate School of Business, Masters of Taxation, 1986
- The University of Akron, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1982
Professional & Community Leadership
- Akron Bar Association Foundation - Fellow
- Walsh Jesuit High School – Member Board of Directors 2009 - present, Chairman of Board 2012- 2014, Vice Chair of Board 2011-2012, Chair of Board Governance Committee 2010 - 2012
- The Village at St. Edward – Member and Secretary of Board of Directors 2000-Present, Member of Executive and Finance Committee 2005 – present, Former Board Chair 2006-2007
- American Heart Association - Past Member, Board of Directors, 2007-2011; Participant in AHA HeartWalk 2006-2010
- Medina Country Club - Member
- Copley Community Chamber of Commerce - Founding Member (Est. 2012)
- Leadership Akron – Graduate of Class XI (1995), Current Member Alumni Association
- Kiwanis Club of Akron (Downtown) – Member 1986–2006, Club President 1995-1996
- Cascade Locks Park Association – Founding Member, Board of Trustees (Emeritus)
- Copley Township Zoning Commission – Member 1996–2002, Chairman 2000-2002
- Copley Athletic Association – Girls’ Youth Basketball and Softball Coach
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rating since 2001, which indicates very high to pre-eminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as determined by professional colleagues
- Ohio Super Lawyers ® - 2004-2005, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America® - Corporate Law, 2008–2013, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2011 - 2013
- Best Lawyers® 2011 "Akron Corporate Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers® 2012 "Akron Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year"
View Craig’s complete biography. (PDF)