Our Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Transactions group has a broad range of experience representing entrepreneurs, investors and consolidators in buying and selling businesses, formulating exit and liquidity strategies for founders and investors, and executing those strategies by arranging and closing appropriate corporate transactions. We assist clients at all stages of the corporate lifecycle, from strategic planning, structuring transactions, through negotiation and closing of transactions.
Our lawyers are adept in preparing of letters of intent, conducting legal due diligence, allocating post-closing risks, and executing the myriad of details required in closing complex corporate transactions. We provide our transactional clients with a privately-branded, state of the art electronic deal room to facilitate due diligence review, document preparation and collaboration, and post-closing deal archiving. Our experience and attention to personal service helps our clients achieve their corporate development objectives in an expedient and cost-effective manner.
Representative Recent Transactions:
- Represented three affiliated, local, medical device companies in the multi-million dollar sale of their respective businesses as a going concern to a large, publically-traded company in a transaction that included a commitment to keep the acquired businesses in Akron, Ohio, thereby allowing the business owners to realize their desired "exit strategy", and at the same time, benefitting the local economy through the retention of multiple dynamic companies in a growth industry.
- Represented a local manufacturer in the sale of the business as a going concern through a Chapter 11 reorganization coupled with a Section 363 asset sale, resulting in saving the business and its jobs for the local economy.
- Represented the sellers in a multimillion dollar sale of a majority equity interest in a Cleveland area manufacturing company.
- Represented a client in purchasing a trucking business out of receivership in the Summit County area. The acquisition saved well over 100 jobs.
- Represented a local credit card processing company in a multi-million dollar sale of the business as a going concern to a national company, closing the transaction in a short three week time frame required by the parties.